Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Best Laid Plans...

Ever have one of those days when you go, "This is SO not in my plan." If you're like me, you have more of those days than you would really like to admit. Well, Friday is gonna be one of those days.

I'm being treated to the hospitality of MCV Hospital and their Cath lab...again. I really think I shoulda asked for the punch card the first time. If you visit the lab a certain number of times, don't you think you should get a free cath? I mean really. I paid for this bruise! Can't I have one of them for free?

This time, I get to receive two such lovely bruises...one on each leg. They're gonna insert one catheter in each leg so that they can install a little clamshell device in my heart to keep the blood flowing where it should have been flowing all along. It is amazing what they can do these days! No broken ribs. No chest tube. One night in the hospital, then home!

Ok. So there is a down side. They actually told me that I couldn't run for a while. It was almost a deal breaker, but my husband's cool logic prevailed. So no running. Dr Lotun said three months. I choked and he said..ok...maybe you can run one mile realllly slowly at six weeks. We'll see if he sticks to that post operatively! Hopefully when I do return to running, I won't be treated to anymore exciting rides to the hospital...

Oh, and thanks, Dr Rehm! Industrial strength asthma meds are amazing! Look, Ma! No coughing!

No comments: