But, apparently, that is not gonna happen. Cleveland will see us either Monday or in September. Seriously. So, I called Dr. Cohen's nurse and asked if it would be a major issue if we waited. And she said, "The labs from December are all finally back. It would be better for you to come Monday." I explained that Will had just had major surgery and it would be better for him to wait. Nope. She didn't budge. If there is any way to make it, you should.
What exactly does that mean? I mean, is the news in the lab work so bad that we need to address it right away? Wouldn't bad news have created a phone call? I do not want to drag a kid who just had major neck/head/spine surgery around the country if I don't have to...but apparently, it is considered in his best interest to go.
So yesterday was spent emailing Angel Flight and requesting a flight. Again. I hated asking again, but it really is better for Will to not spend 11 hours in a car. Cathy said she would put the request out, but we still have to prepare for a drive. (How often in one month do you change the oil in YOUR car?) I made hotel reservations. At least this time I knew which hotel to call, so I didn't have to spend half a day trying to find one. All that is left is a rental car, and that will wait until we know if we need one. But even there, experience finally wins out, and I know how to handle that one too.
So, travel with Will to the wilds of Ohio is getting more manageable in terms of preparation, but not in terms of stress on the family. Poor Caroline looked at me with huge eyes and said, "You are leaving again?!"
So, the suitcases are finally unpacked and laundry is almost caught up, but the suitcases are hardly cold before they are needed again. And just think. We get to go back to Ohio in about a month for the post-op visits!