Thursday, March 4, 2010

Surgery Bound

Since the last post was so whiny and it was all about me, it would be better if I filled you in on what is medically happening.

We had the pre-op appt today, and Will's blood pressure remains low. (92/47) His next infusion is set for Saturday. Chris is officially joining our church on Sunday, so we will be departing Sunday right after worship. We probably will have to stay overnight enroute, but we have to get to Cincinnati for the appt with anesthesia.

Will's surgery is scheduled for 7:15 on Tuesday morning. I really don't have a clue as to how long it will take. I do know that he will go to ICU for 24 hours after surgery, then will be in the hospital for 5-7 days.

If you would like to send an ecard, you can go to https://secure.cchmc.org/gbl_ecard/select.asp, part of Cincinnati Children's website, and they will print it and deliver it to Will. And it's free! While I recognize it would take valuable time, and I understand if you can't get to it, but I do know that he would be encouraged to know that he is loved and that people are praying for him.

He is handling all of this fabulously, but it's so hard. If you think of it, please pray for peace for him and for us and for the rests of our family as we continue through the murky waters...with full confidence of the Lord's care and protection.

Thanks.

Btw, I will post updates as I have them. If you would like to post a comment to Will, feel free to do so on the blog's comment section, and I'll make sure he hears it...and I'll print them as I have opportunity so he can have a physical reminder.

No comments: