Thursday, July 15, 2010

Looks Like We Made It...

The pilots today were pleasant. The plane was the largest we have been in to date, so Will and I sat in seats facing one another. We didn't have headsets this time, so we just sat quietly and read and eventually played hangman together on my blackberry. It was just lovely to sit and read...and...do nothing else. That just never happens in my life.

We arrived in Cincinnati in record time. When we arrived in the terminal, though, we discovered that the one detail I did not call and re-confirm is the one I should have. They had no record of my car reservation. Fortunately, they were extremely pleasant, and after several phone calls, were able to locate a different car with a different company who was willing to bring me said car. They were truly pleasant and willing to do whatever they could to help.

In the process of all of this, I discovered that I do not like the Toyota Corolla but I love the GPS system. Oh yeah. Find what I need on my blackberry, type in the address, and, voile', it tells me how to get there. And if I happen to misunderstand the lovely Helga, then she automatically recalculates without my having to tell her to do so...and she doesn't call me an idiot. :) As for the car, I am grateful to have one, but the Corolla was not designed for someone of my stature-challenged personage. :) I mean, really, when you can barely see over the dash, the car needs a little rework. It is a little outrageous when I can back a 15 passenger van into almost any parking space but parking this little itty bitty red car makes me hold my breath. Could we please have a power seat next time? :) I am not really asking for much...I am more suggesting that not everyone is six feet tall!!! :)

We checked in, unpacked, ironed all of our clothes, grabbed some dinner, and found Walmart (I love Helga!) to purchase Will's daily quart of Powerade for the next five days and water for both of us. Will is showing signs of wear from the trip, so we headed straight back to the hotel for a quiet evening. We will meet friends for lunch tomorrow and we have a doctor's appointment at 3. It is a fairly quiet day, so hopefully we won't suffer any ill effects from today. We also have lots of fluids, but hopefully we won't be needing them until Sunday...

Heading for sleep...

No comments: