Saturday, July 10, 2010

That isn't what I expected....

This week, I talked with Will about our impending trip to Cincinnati...the trip of which we do not speak. No one wants a repeat of the previous trip, so we've kinda gone along like ostriches pretending that it doesn't exist. Somehow the whole ostrich thing only works for a little while...

So, in chatting with Will, he kinda looks at me, squints his eyes, and says, "Do we have to drive? Can we please fly?" Yes, we can fly, if they can find a pilot willing to fly us. (I realize that for most of you, you wonder why we don't request the Angel Flight every time, but the issue is cost. While the flight is free, we still have to rent a car in Cincinnati and that car rental is generally more expensive than the gas to drive there...It all boils down to budget. At the end of the month, the mortgage company really does prefer to receive the payment due.)

So off I went to request an Angel Flight. Cathy very graciously agreed to search for a pilot for us, and I made reservations for the rental car.

When I arrived home from Costco this afternoon, there on the table was the Angel Flight information. Cathy was able to schedule a pilot to get us to Cincinnati...Woohoo! So I opened the letter to see whom the pilot was, and it's someone we've never met, and we're flying into Burke Lakefront. Um, well, NOW what do I do. I have a rental car reserved at Lunken Airport, but apparently we're flying into...Cleveland. Well, that isn't what I expected. :) We were kinda trying to avoid the whole "Road Trip" thing in general, but now there's a four hour drive that will have to follow the flight. Hmmm...

So, I've left an email and a voice message for Cathy, and we're back in a holding pattern. Do we fly? Do we drive? Do we fly and drive? :) Stay tuned...

No comments: